Thank you for your comments on my Jazz Fest post yesterday. I will continue to include my travel/event/ restaurant posts as part of this blog. Again, I continually appreciate your support.
For some reason, one of the Google searches that seems to send people to my site is "What to eat with scallops". One of the reasons that this puzzles me is that I have no posts on what to eat with scallops (I do have recipes for scallops, which you can see here.)
If you are looking for a seafood sidedish, the Southern answers are usually cornbread, hushpuppies, and cole slaw. Here is a cornbread recipe that is light on fat and full of healthy whole grains.
Whole Grain Corn Bread
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup light butter
3/4 cup light soymilk
1. Sift white and wheat flours, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Stir in cornmeal.
2. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is the consistency of coarse meal.
3. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk. Stir together until dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10 -12 times. Roll out until 1/2" thick. Cut rounds with a biscuit cutter (I used a heart shaped cookie cutter this time).
5. Sprinkle an ungreased cookie sheet lightly with cornmeal. Arrange biscuits on a cookie sheet 1" apart and sprinkle with cornmeal. Bake 10-12 minutes.
6. Yields 10, 3 point servings
Menu Plan Monday
stewed collard greens and white beans
white cake with whipped milk chocolate frosting for birthday at work
cabbage and mushroom curry
chicken Ceasar pizza for party with mentor
barbeque pork chops
spicy marsala chicken
night out at the park
chili cookoff: Angela vs. Stone
I mentioned on my Resolution Round Up that I was going to start a to-do list to check off. You can now see it by clicking on the "List" tab at the top of this blog.