Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mad Good Turkey Salad



This is a rebellious recipe - I am giving you vague portions. The reason is because this salad is only mad good if it is made exactly as you like it. I like it with a lot of cheese, a lot of grapes, and light on the onion and mayo. You may feel differently. The important think is the combination of flavors - you decide which you want in the foreground and which should just be hinted at. 

Mad Good Turkey Salad
1 smoked turkey breast
1 block monterey jack cheese, cubed
red grapes
finely chopped red onion
mayonnaise

1. Mix ingredients to taste.


Since this is a fairly indulgent salad calorically, I opted to eat it in a lettuce wrap.  I love a good rap...um, wrap.



10 comments:

  1. lovely combination looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grapes? Sounds unique and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! I really like grapes in mayonnaise based salads---adds sweetness that's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like "vague" recipes because everything ends up created to your individual palette. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome title :) Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We use to have a place here that made smoked turkey salad. I miss that place :(

    This looks amazing! I bet it was delicious on the crunchy lettuce :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks delicious! Love this type of salad and I could eat a lot of it!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!