Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Southwestern Breakfast Sandwhich - 6 Points

Two days on Weight Watchers and my body is in detox mode. No matter how many vegetables and fruits I eat, I keep craving Butterfinger Blizzards and buffalo chicken strips and open faced roast beef sandwiches and peanut butter fudge. A month of eating whatever I want has taught my body to expect high energy food, and it is not liking the high fiber, low fat, sugar free diet I have suddenly imposed on it.

This morning I woke up ravenous. I wanted a giant breakfast sandwich with eggs, sausage and cheese on a super sized bagel. And that would cost me...twenty Weight Watcher's points. Almost all of my points for the entire day! I decided to try and concoct my own breakfast sandwich. Granted, it does not hold a candle to the French toast bagel sandwich I was craving, but for six points this taste very good and it filled me up.

Southwestern Breakfast Sandwich
3 egg whites
2 Tbs fat free salsa
1 slice Kraft 2% milk cheddar cheese
1 English muffin

1. Place the egg whites in a microwave safe custard cup. Stir in the salsa until just mixed (do not beat). Microwave the egg whites on medium power for 3 minutes. Check the egg whites to ensure they have cooked through. If not, microwave at 15 second intervals until the eggs are completely done.
2. Toast the English muffin until  it begins to brown.
3. To layer your sandwich, place the egg white mixture on one half of the English muffin, followed by the cheese, and top with the remaining muffin half. Let the sandwich sit until the cheese has begun to melt.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!