Sometimes, being pregnant, I decide that I want to eat something weird - like Mexican food and pancake mix. Thankfully, this (unlike my craving for bacon wrapped cheese in chocolate sauce) turned out to be something that everyone enjoyed.
Sexy Mexi Casserole
1 lb ground chicken
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans great northern beans
1 can condensed cream of tomato soup
cumin, cayenne pepper, and cilantro to taste
2 cups pancake mix + water as indicated by box
1. Brown the chicken in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, peppers, onions, and beans. Season to taste with cumin, cayenne, and cilantro. Stir in soup.
3. Spoon chicken mixture into the bottom of a large casserole dish.
4. Mix 2 cups pancake mix with water per box instructions (do not use the pancake mix that requires you to add milk, oil, etc - use the water only mix). Pour batter over the chicken mixture in the casserole dish.
5. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until pancake topping is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and cheese if desired.