Tonight I am back to one of my first Weight Watcher's approved loves: shrimp. I love that the meat itself is low in points, so I feel like I have a little more freedom with the other ingredients. This is another recipe from Lean and Luscious that I modified to fit my points. I left the tails on the shrimp on purpose because I knew that it would slow down my eating and - thus- help me eat less.
1/3 cup white wine
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped, fresh parsley
1 tsp oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb shrimp
- Combine all ingredients but shrimp in a shallow dish. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place in a shallow pan or oven safe skillet. Make sure the pan is large enough for the shrimp to be in a single layer.
- Broil shrimp for 6 minutes, turning after 3.
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Pour through a strainer if a smooth sauce is desired.
- Serve shrimp with sauce in a small bowl for dipping.
There is even this pretty little flower detail in the glass:this link to view the post about my friend Deborah and her efforts to raise money for the adoption of her beautiful little boy from China. As soon as my coffee comes in, I will post a review. I ordered a medium roast Ethiopian coffee.
Finally, it is 10:30 on Friday night. I have a tummy full of delicious food and good wine, Zero 7 is crooning "In the Waiting Line" through my Zen, and I am about to go tell my boyfriend to stop studying and dance with me before he goes home. Have a lovely evening and a