Saturday, January 1, 2011

Scallops in Red Wine Sauce - 3 Points

Continuing on my seafood journey, I decided to try some scallops tonight. I had another open bottle of wine (don't judge me), so it seemed appropriate to try scallops in a red wine sauce. Again, when cooking with wine, quality counts. I used a nice Lindemans shiraz. Yummy!

Scallops in Red Wine Sauce

1 lb sea scallops
2 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup red wine
juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat oil in a heavy saucepan. Add scallops to the oil and cook for about 2 minutes on each side (until golden brown).
2. Stir in wine, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat on medium until the wine is reduced by half.
3. This recipe yields four, 3 point servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!