Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sausage and Potato Casserole - 9 points

See the chicken with roasted potatoes? Well, it left me with a problem. Reheated roasted potatoes do not taste particularly good, and I had a lot of leftover roasted potatoes. I couldn't think of a thing to do with them that was not going to cost me a whole bunch of  Weight Watchers points. Lucky for me, I have a Sunday school class made up of people who - for the most part - are not counting points. Since I still had a few holiday ingredients that needed to get out of my fridge before temptation overtook me, I threw them in there too. I had one tiny bite when the casserole was done and it was awfully good. If you have the points, go for it!

Sausage and Potato Casserole
1 lb roasted potatoes, cubed
1 lb sage sausage
1 onion, chopped
10.5 oz goat cheese
6 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over low heat until sausage is cooked through. Stir frequently to keep sausage from clumping.
2. Add potatoes to the skillet, just to mix. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into a baking pan or stone.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs yolks and whites are blended. Pour eggs over potato mixture. Top the casserole with crumbled goat cheese.
4. Bake, covered, in a 350F oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and broil for an additional 3 minutes to brown cheese.
5. Yields 10, 9 point servings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!