Sunday, January 9, 2011

Brie en Croute - 4 points

Over the holidays I made a delicious Pillsbury Recipe entitled "Pastry-Wrapped Cranberry Brie" (aka Brie en Croute). Whatever guilt I had over using a can of crescent dough instead of rolling out my own pastry was completely eliminated by the fabulous taste of the final product. I was really craving some gooey cheese and flaky pastry today, so I decided to enter the recipe into Weight Watchers. The point of the exercise was supposed to be that I would prove what a monstrous amount of points this recipe has and, thus, discourage my cravings. Imagine my delight upon discovering that I can have my brie en croute for only 4 points. YES!!!

Pastry Wrapped Brie from Pillsbury with slight modifications
1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, low fat
1 round (8 oz) Brie cheese
3 tbsp whole cranberry sauce
1 tbsp apricot preserves
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
pears, peeled, thinly sliced
lemon juice

1. Open can of crescent rolls and separate into 2 squares. Press seams to seal.
2. Cut cheese horizontally to make two rounds. Place 1 cheese round  (rind side down) in the center of a dough square.
3. In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce, apricot preserves, and rosemary leaves. Spread mixture over cheese. Top with other round of cheese.
4. Place remaining dough square over cheese and fold edges over, smoothing to seal.
5. Bake in 350F oven for 25 minutes. Remove and let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Top with a teaspoon of cranberry sauce and fresh rosemary sprig.
6. Serve with pear slices, tossed in a little lemon juice. Yields 12, 4 point servings

1 comment:

  1. Wwould you consider adding this brie to this weeks appetizer line up for Get Grillin'? It looks amazing. You can link up to 3 of your amazing recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!