Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cinnamon Pecan Pull Aparts


My sil posted a great meme the other day. It read, "Pinterest makes me love people I've never met. Facebook makes me hate people I know in real life."

I don't hate anyone on Facebook, but sometimes I get weary of all the political posts - especially as it gets closer to election time. It's not that I don't care about politics - I love politics. It's just that I have friends from both sides, and plenty from the middle, of the political spectrum and few of them seem to be able to play nicely with one another. I love a good, healthy discussion, but disrespect and fighting are not my thing.

This is why I think I should start my own political party based on something everyone can believe in: Cinnamon. We will have no philosophies beyond the belief that cinnamon is good for the soul and can bring people together in sweet, gooey bliss. We shall burn apple cinnamon candles, stir our cider with cinnamon sticks, and grow cinnamon ferns in our gardens. For breakfast we shall serve: Cinnamon Pecan Pull-Apart


Cinnamon Pecan Pull-Apart (a Pillsbury recipe)
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp maple flavor
2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (each roll cut into four pieces)

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients save cinnamon rolls and icing. Add cinnamon roll pieces and stir lightly, just until coated. Spoon the mixture into a greased, fluted pan. Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. After cooling for 10 minutes, turn the pull-apart onto a serving plate. Spread with icing.

 Please check out my brand new Twitter account at https://twitter.com/Angelas_chaos.

My favorite tweet of the day so far comes from Vanity Fair:

The weekend may almost be over, but we can still dream a little. A look at the best private paradises on Earth http://www.vanityfair.com/society/2012/06/travel-villas-castle-rental-yacht-charters?mbid=social_twitter#slide=4

I need a vacation! 

6 comments:

  1. Just say the word cinnamon and I'm there! Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it :-) and I agree try to stay out of those chats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Cinnamon and can imagine the delicious flavors here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi angela, glad to know you. love your humor too. let's keep visiting each other's blog. cinnamon pecan ring looks yummy... tho cinnamon has health benefits , but some may be allergic to this- well,then they are your political opponents..ha ha. like you, i also need a holiday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally vote for cinnamon for president! These sticky buns sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, those look so amazing!

    I know what you mean about disrespectful politics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!