I was thrilled to find vegetarian chorizo on sale at Kroger! It meant that I could make a lower point version of one of my favorite recipes: eggs with keilbasa. I couldn't wait for breakfast, so I made this for dinner (hence the steamed broccoli that is sharing the plate). Any time of day, it is a delicious, protein packed dish.
Vegetarian Chorizo with Eggs
1 package vegetarian chorizo, casing removed
1 large onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced (I used yellow)
9 egg whites
1/2 cup light, original soy milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray or kitchen spritzer. Add chorizo, onions, and pepper to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
2. Beat egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper until combined.
3. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture beings to set at bottom and side, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that thin, uncooked portions can flow to the bottom.
4. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until eggs are cooked through.
5. Yields 4, 4 point servings
I was very honored to receive a Stylish Blogger award from the author of Yummy Chunklet.
1. Sleep - early to bed and late to rise
2. Read - lots of good books:)
3. Eat - delicious German food and pastries
4. Swim - in the pool and lounge in the hot tub
5. Hike - to work off all of the pastries
6. Drink lots of coffee and hot chocolate
7. Take pictures
I am also supposed to pass on the award. I tried to compile a list, but I have so many amazing followers and visitors that I was unable to narrow it down. I definitely want to return the favor of recognition, however. So, I am going to suggest that you look at my Ash Wednesday post where I listed some great meatless recipes or my Valentine's Day post where I listed some sweet treats.
I took up a challenge to link to a different "Party" each day this week. I am not sure I will make it, but I am too competitive to turn down a challenge. Today I am linking to Sunday Mornings.
As I anxiously anticipate my upcoming vacation, here is a snapshot from another vacation to Lakeview in East Tennessee.