I am joining Sweets for Saturday this week with my treats from Fat Tuesday! This year for, I decided to make some pink Rice Krispie treats dipped in white chocolate. After Christmas, I picked up bags of pink and green marshamallows on sale. It took me some time to separate out all of the pink ones, but I think it was worth it.
Rice Krispie Angels
1/4 cup butter
5 cups marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
3 blocks white chocolate bark
1. Place marshamallows and butter in a large bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals (stirring each time) until melted.
2. Add Rice Krispies to bowl. Stir until completely coated.
3. Spread cereal mixture into a greased 9x11 pan. Cover and refridgerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Remove pan from fridge. Use a cookie cutter to cut out angel shapes.
5. Place bark in a shallow dish and microwave and 30 second intervals until completely melted (stir each time, being careful not to overcook).
6. Dip or spread one side of each angel with white chocolate bark.
7. Yields 10, 3 point servings
I hope you have had a lovely Pink Saturday. If you are in the part of the world moving our clocks forward, I hope you get plenty of sleep. I am generally disgruntled about the hour of sleep I lose in spring, but I heard a radio DJ pontificating on her happiness at this event - it means warmer weather and spring break are on the way. I am trying to share her positive outlook. We will see how I do in the the morning!
My Pink Saturday plug goes out to Mary at One Perfect Bite! She has never posted anything that failed to make me hungry.