Yes, another pancake recipe! Someday I will be able to start a blog full of them! This recipe was adapted from the excellent cookbook The Newcomer's Guide to Cooking in Africa: American Recipes from Scratch, edited by Edith M. Jenkins.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick cook oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cups milk
3/4 cup yogurt
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients.
3. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl. Stir just until combined.
4. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Pour out 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, flipping when bubbles form in the middle and the edges are dry.
5. Yields 12, 4 point servings (for an explanation of the points system, click here)