Saturday, January 15, 2011

Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie- 6 points

My fab friend Lisa sent me a Weight Watchers recipe for chicken pot pie and told me I had to try it. Since Stone was sick, I thought this would be a fitting comfort food for his dinner. Of course, I had to mess with the recipe because I didn't have exactly what it called for. You can take Lisa's word for it that the WW version is divine, and my word that the adapted version is splendid.

Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups frozen, mixed vegetables
1 cube chicken bouillon
1 cup water
3 cups chopped roasted chicken breast
2 tsp tapioca flour (put 2 tsp minute tapioca through food processor or coffee grinder)
1/2 cup fat free yogurt
4 refridgerated reduced fat crescent rolls

1. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Spray with kitchen spritzer or non-stick cooking spray. Add onions and mushrooms; saute until tender.
2. Add spices, chicken, bouillon, water and vegetables to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Stir tapioca and yogurt into skillet. Simmer 5 additional minutes.
4. Transfer contents of skillet to a medium casserole dish. Arrange four crescents around the edges, leaving  a whole in the middle.
5. Bake in a 375F oven for 15 minutes.
6. Yields 6, 6 point servings

The Weight Watchers version can be seen here.

My version can be seen below.
Thank you fab friend Lisa for the great recipe. As always, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!