Monday, January 31, 2011

Crock Pot Mushroom Chicken - 4 points

First, a mystery...what happened to this poor mushroom?

Now I am going to give you a speedy quick recipe. My mother, father, and grandmother are here visiting with me for the week. I don't want to take too much time away from our visit, so I am going to share the super-easy but very delicious meal that I made for us tonight. I knew that I would have a long faculty meeting after school today, and I wanted a nice meal to greet my family when they came in. So, I turned to my trusty crock pot!

Crock Pot Mushroom Chicken
3 lb chicken, cut into large chunks
1 lb mushrooms, quartered
1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
3 cubes chicken bouillon
1/4 cup water

1. Place all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
2. Yields 10, 4 point servings

I served ours over basmati rice.  Everyone enjoyed it:)



Now, for the mystery of the mushroom. Simon accompanied me on my shopping trip Saturday. I was reaching into the freezer section for a chicken when he said, "Mmmmm...I love mushrooms!" I turned around to see him attempting to take a big bite through the plastic wrap on my carton of mushrooms! Don't tell Alanna - she will revoke my auntie privileges.

5 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for slow cooker recipes to try. This looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I Love crock pot recipes especially and mushrooms! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crock pots really come in handy, don't they? You've put yours to good use in this great chicken and fresh mushroom dish.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. love quick meals like this enjoy their visit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chicken looks wonderful! I bet the crockpot made it nice and tender! Enjoy your family's visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!